Madden NFL 23 will be released in August, but some fans can start playing the Madden 23 closed beta right now. The test includes a few different game modes, including Play Now and H2H Ranked, with more to come later, Franchise and Ultimate Team modes.
It is a closed beta, so fans will need to get a code from EA to play. Anyone chosen for the beta is forbidden from recording, streaming, or capturing video and images. Those who violate the agreement will be removed from the test and are subject to a “complete” ban on all Madden NFL accounts.
Codes are being sent out periodically, so EA Sports has advised its players to check their email for a code if they don’t get one right away. Players can follow @EAMaddenNFL on Twitter for a chance to get a code. Unfortunately, new sign ups to participate in the beta test are no longer being accepted.
Madden NFL 23 will launch on August 16th on EA play and August 19th for everyone else, with the late John Madden gracing the cover.
What is included in the Madden NFL 23 Closed Beta?
- Play Now
- H2H Ranked
- Face of the Franchise: The League
- The Yard
- Superstar KO
- Franchise Mode
- Squads/Multiplayer for The Yard
- Squads/Multiplayer for Superstar KO
- Madden Ultimate Team
Madden NFL 23 Beta Known Issues So Far
- Mid-Air collisions at the catch point not triggering at a high enough frequency
- Man Coverage defenders frequently do fakeout animations when covering Curl and Comeback routes
- HB Slip Screen does not work properly
- Aggressive catch mechanic breaks in some situations
- Player ratings relevance to Skill Based Passing is not finalized
- Skill based passing Reticle snaps back when the user releases the left trigger so the user is unable to place it and leave it
- Underneath Zone defenders are breaking too early on intermediate and deep routes
- Some Pass Rush animations are triggering too frequently on All Pro and All Madden
- Some Catches do not sync up when throwing to Tight Ends on Flat routes
- Defenders in play ball situations sometimes obstruct the receiver from getting to the ball and do not make a play on the ball
- Running backs sometimes do not play an avoidance or a Chip block animation when running a route, getting caught at the line of scrimmage
EA Sports is conducting this beta to collect feedback, you can send bug reports and other feedback on the Madden Voice website.
Thank you for reading!